PSYCHEDELIC CANNABIS SAFETY
Psychedelic Cannabis Safety
While cannabis is legal in California to possess and consume in certain contexts, and is used recreationally and safely by millions of people, Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy, Cannabis Healing Meditations, and Conscious Cannabis Events, collectively Conscious Cannabis Experiences (CCEs), are far more closely akin to other psychedelic experiences, rather than guided meditation or traditional psychotherapy sessions.
Using other mind altering substances besides cannabis in a CCE is expressly forbidden.
Taking this self-assessment is required before participating in any cannabis related events with Jordan Wolan, outlined in the CCE Participation Agreement. The questions may also be part of a structured psychedelic safety assessment interview to participate in ongoing classes or programs. Please review before your scheduled session and contact your facilitator with any questions.
How to do a safety self-assessment
Conscious Cannabis Experiences are very safe but they are not for everyone.
I invite you to review the questions below. Answering a yes to any of the safety self-assessment questions below may indicate a need to slow down and to check in with your facilitator about attending.
Jordan Wolan is available before the event to answer any of your questions related to safety. You are encouraged to have all your questions and concerns addressed before participating. Truthfully answering “no” to every question does not guarantee a positive experience. By participating in a CCE you are agreeing to take full responsibility for any outcomes experienced.
With the right support, private sessions can be facilitated to treat significant clinical concerns that might not be appropriate in a group setting. Speak to Jordan Wolan if you have any questions.
Again, these events are very safe, but they’re not for everyone. Please be honest with yourself regarding your readiness for exploring psychedelic medicines. I am here to support you through this decision making process.
Safety Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Do you have any past or present medical conditions (either physical or mental health) that may affect your ability to safely participate in this event?
- Have you ever required significant treatment or been hospitalized for a psychological or emotional disorder, or for any other psychological or emotional reason?
- Have you ever had a severe, adverse reaction to using cannabis or other psychedelic medicines, physically, emotionally or otherwise?
- Has a health professional ever advised you to cease or otherwise limit consumption of cannabis, psychedelic medicines, or using altered states practices?
- Have you ever experienced extreme paranoia or anxiety, panic attacks, or other extreme negative experiences while using cannabis, or any psychedelic drugs, or during any other times in your life that required a significant intervention?
- Have you ever fainted or blacked out or otherwise adversely lost consciousness while on cannabis or any psychedelic medicine?
- Are you pregnant or nursing?
- Have you ever had extremely unusual or disconcerting thoughts or ideas, or extreme levels of energy (inability to sleep for days or racing thoughts, or alternatively extremely low energy) after the effects of a psychedelic/cannabis should have worn off?
- Do you have any acute, current or past substance abuse/dependence issues?
- Are you currently on any medications, supplements or recreational drugs that could affect you safely participating?
- Do you have a history of disruptive or violent behavior, either physical or emotional?
- Do you have a history of traumatic or difficult life events that has not been addressed or is not being supported therapeutically?
- Do you have any present concerns around suicide or self-harm?
- As you contemplate attending this experience, or when checking in with yourself right before it begins, are you extremely anxious?
- Have you recently had a major transformational experience, with a psychedelic medicine or otherwise, that feels almost complete but not quite, or unresolved?
- Do you ever feel extremely uncomfortable in group transformational processes?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, please check-in with Jordan before attending a circle.
DISCLAIMER: Jordan Wolan fully complies with all local California State cannabis laws. We are a harm-reduction mindfulness service and education company. We do not promote illegal activities or provide resources for obtaining illegal substances or illegal psychedelic psychotherapy services. Mindfulness-based psychedelic therapy is not psychotherapy although it works well as an adjunct support. Jordan Wolan does not provide or sell cannabis for any aspect of our program and is not a retailer, supplier, reseller, distributor, agent, representative, or subcontractor of any cannabis supplier or retailer. As a psychedelic harm reduction program we do not support the misuse or abuse of cannabis, any other drug or psychedelic medicine. Nor do we believe that cannabis or psychedelic medicine exploration, even within the confines of applicable laws, is appropriate or beneficial for everyone.