Preparing for a Psychedelic Cannabis Journey
The transformational journey is what you make of it. Take some time before your session to set your intentions.
What do you want to let go of? What do you want to bring in? What do you want to transform?
One to two hypnotherapy sessions can help you to access your intentions, clear out the static, and ultimately go deeper during your journey. Whether or not you choose to build a foundation with hypnotherapy, set aside some time to journal about what you’d like to explore during your journey.
Some prompts might include:
- Who are you now? Who do you want to be?
- What attachments do you carry that no longer serve you? Why do you want to release them?
- What’s blocking you from showing up how you want in your life, whether with yourself, with loved ones, or in your life’s purpose?
- What or who do you want to forgive, and for what?
- What fears are holding you back? What would your life be like without them?
- What is the future of which you dream? Get as specific as you can.
Spending time in nature, gentle physical activity that is available to you, and using your existing mindfulness toolbox can also all support your preparations.
I recommend refraining from cannabis, alcohol, or other substances for a minimum of 72 hours before your journey.
You will also be asked to sign a waiver and participation agreement before the journey that acknowledges that you have spoken with a medical doctor.
In Person Journeys
- Complete the required forms.
- Read the Preparation Guide, and take some time to do some Intention Setting.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring an eye covering, journal, water bottle, and any optional power object(s) for the altar.
- BYOW (bring your own weed), vape or pipe. In the state of California, it is legal for adults to use cannabis for medicinal and recreational purposes.
- To participate, you must have a designated driver and be picked up after the event.
- COVID vaccination and booster is required
For home sessions, set up a private space where you will not be disturbed. Check your internet connection in advance, update your device, connect your device to a power source, and make sure you are visible on video.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- A yoga mat or pad and blankets on the floor for stability, with plenty of pillows.
- Have an eye covering, journal and pen, and bottle of water standing by, and some light snacks for after.
- You can also gather any small personal items to aid in your intention setting or for an altar, such as a photo or crystal.
- Prepare your cannabis flower in advance, but refrain from imbibing until we begin. Please do not use gummies unless we have spoken about it prior to your session.
- Great speakers or headphones (essential).